On November 7th 2017 we have released a completely new MVN engine, incorporating a new architecture in how all 3D kinematic data is calculated. This is what MVN 2018 has to offer:
- Immunity to magnetic distortion
- New MVN avatar and 3D environment
- Updated User Interface for more efficient workflow
- "Reprocess HD" to raise data accuracy even more (production-ready data and highest kinematic data accuracy)
- Open MVN 2018
- Open the Configure Session window. Enter your settings related to the type of MVN system, suit configuration, preferred scenario and body dimensions (see the video below). All changes are automatically applied, so you don't need to click 'save' in the body dimensions. The "save" button is meant to store the body dimensions on your computer. All settings are stored for this subject when re-opening MVN Studio. Click "Reset" to clear all body dimensions.
- Setup > Perform ‘‘N-Pose + Walk" calibration, please see video for the calibration procedure
NOTE: The "walk" calibration procedure will ask you to stand in an Npose for a few seconds, followed by walking up and down in a (straight) line. Good quality of the Npose is essential for good performance:
- Stand upright on a horizontal surface.
- Feet parallel, one foot width apart.
- Knees above feet.
- Hips above knees.
- Back straight.
- Shoulders above hips; do not lift shoulders up.
- Arm straight alongside body (vertically), thumbs forwards.
- Face forward.
- Do not move during the Npose procedure.
- Face the direction of your preferred X axis when clicking Apply after the calibration.
- After applying the calibration, walk around for 10-20 seconds to feed some motion data into MVN for optimal performance (this process is called a "filter warm up").
- Now you can start recording your desired motions.
- Open MVN 2018
- Open the file you would like to process.
NOTE: If file starts to auto-process on opening, wait until this is finished before going to step 3.
- Make sure the scenario is set to "Single Level" (smooth production-ready data and accurate 2D positional data), or "No Level" (most accurate 3D kinematic data). The other scenarios do not have a "Reprocess HD"-quality.
- Press the process button to start processing the file.
NOTE: Processing takes about 10 times the length of the file in time. You can process multiple files at once. Per CPU core it will process 1 file, so when cores are exceeded by amount of files, processing time will increase.
TIP: We assume our customers to work with one of the export formats (FBX, BVH, MVNX etc), and that they would like to work with the highest quality of data possible. Therefore, we combined a Batch Processor with the Batch Exporter. Go to: File > Export > Batch Export, choose your settings and enable "Save MVN file after reprocessing" (it will overwrite your excising MVN file if the input path is the same as the output path). Enable "Force reprocessing" to reprocess files that already have the Reprocess quality. This option is useful in case a file has been processed in a different version of the MVN software, and will therefore align all your MVN files with the same version of the processor.