One of the features of MT Manager is the Device Data View (). This is a very useful tool to find out how to communicate using low level communication (Xbus protocol). This is particularly useful when coding in low-level communication, for example when using a microcontroller.
For a general introduction to low-level communication, refer to the Low-Level Communication Protocol documentation.
In the example below, the message is derived for setting up a sync message with Send Latest and ReqData as input. See also the video walk through of the steps below.
- Connect the MTi
- Open the Device Data View
- Open the Synchronization Dialog
- Setup SendLatest with ReqData
- Check the message communicated to the MTi in the data viewer.
- The complete message consists of Preamble, BID, MID, Length, Data, Checksum. In this case it is (FA) (FF) (2C) (0C) (08 06 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00) (B0). It is also clear that this message needs to be set in Config Mode. The entire sequence is GoToConfig (message 0), Sync message (message 1), GoToMeasurement (message 1).