Disclaimer: Sensor specifications mentioned in this article may not be aligned with currently advertised specifications.
Xsens ships a printed and signed Test and Calibration certificate with each MTi 10/100-series Motion Tracker. For the full MTi series, including the MTi 1-series, a subset of these values can also be found in the non-volatile memory of the MTi. These so-called eMTs (electronic Motion Tracker settings) are accessed by MT Manager and can easily be reviewed in the Device Settings window.
Contents of the Test and Calibration certificate
Shown below is an example of a Test and Calibration certificate shipped with an MTi-G-710-2A8G4.
- Each device has a unique DeviceID or Serial Number, which will be printed here.
- Result of the device test. The "Ok" in this field means the device passed all the factory tests.
- Device approved by Quality Assurance.
- The firmware version loaded onto the device during production. It is recommended to always use the latest available firmware version. The Firmware Updater can be downloaded from our website.
- Every Test and Calibration certificate will be hand-signed by the responsible production engineer.
- -3 dB bandwidth values.
- The 3-axis magnetometers are calibrated such that their norm is equal to 1 in the laboratory where it is calibrated (Enschede, The Netherlands). Magnetic field measurements are therefore presented in arbitrary units (a.u.). One a.u. is approximately equal to 50 µT. Recalibration of the magnetometers is possible using our magnetic calibration software tools.
- GNSS/INS devices are tested and verified to achieve a GPS fix and location output within limited time after powering the device.
Retrieving the Calibration Data in MT Manager
- Connect your device and open MT Manager.
- Open the Device Settings window .
- Select Modeling Parameters to visualize the Calibration Values (see figure below).
In order to apply calibration values to raw sensor data, please see Converting raw 16-bit ADC values to physical values.
Please refer to: Recalibrations.