A System License is an MVN License type that is fixed to a specific PC. When a License Key has been sent digitally to the customer, it has to be activated before being able to run MVN. To do so, you need the following:
- License Key
- Internet connection
NOTE: license activation has to be done only for the first use and can be performed on any PC. After license activation, you can run MVN on the PC that it was activated on.
The license key is issued by our Xsens customer service via email at the moment of the purchase of your MVN product and it looks like this:
The license key in the email is needed to activate the license for the first time. This email is usually sent to the financial department of the company/university or to whoever is in contact with Xsens for the purchase of MVN. To facilitate your research, you can filter through all the emails received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet connection is needed during license activation to contact our Xsens servers. Note that after the first activation, you don’t need an internet connection to run MVN.
Step by step guide
NOTE: You do not use a dongle for a System License. Make sure that you have unplugged any license dongles form your machine.
- Launch the Xsens MVN software activation software. Alternatively, launch MVN, which without a valid license, will automatically redirect to the software activator.
- Click on next and paste the license activation key.
- Click on next again until completion.
- If no error has occurred your license is activated and you will be able to run MVN.
For any problem regarding license activation, open a ticket on https://base.xsens.com/hc/en-us and make sure you include the following information in the ticket to facilitate the support procedure.
- Where the license activation stops
- Error messages generated (better if screenshots are included)
- License key