When a license dongle arrives at the customer site, it has to be activated before being able to run MVN.
NOTE: license activation has to be done only for the first use and can be performed on any PC. After license activation, the license dongle can be moved on any PC/server you need to run MVN, independently on which PC was used for activation.
To activate the license, you need the following:
- Red Sentinel dongle
- License Key
- Internet connection
- USB port settings fully activated and not in power save mode. Check the following article:
1.1 Red Sentinel dongle
The red Sentinel License dongle is sent with the system.
1.2 License key
The license key is issued by our Xsens customer service via email at the moment of the purchase of your MVN product and it looks like this:
The license key in the email is needed to activate the license for the first time. This email is usually sent to the financial department of the company/university or to whoever is in contact with Xsens for the purchase of MVN. To facilitate your research, you can filter through all the emails received from email@example.com.
1.3 Internet Connection
Internet connection is needed during license activation to contact our Xsens servers. Note that after the first activation, you don’t need an internet connection to run MVN.
1.4 USB Ports fully operational
Sometimes laptop computers enable USB power save mode, making the license dongle undetectable. Refer to this article to make sure that the feature is switched off.
2. Activate License
1. Make sure your license dongle is plugged in the USB port.
2. Launch the Xsens MVN software activation software. Alternatively, launch MVN, which without a valid license, will automatically redirect to the software activator.
3. Select Activate license and click on Next >
4. Type or paste the license activation key and click Next >
5. Fill in your credentials and click on Activate
6. After the progress bar is full, your license is activated and you will be able to run MVN.
7. Click Finish to close the License Activation Wizard.
8. You can now set up the Server and Client for Network License.
3.1 License key missing / not received
The email with the license key is usually sent to the financial department of the company/university or to whoever is in contact with Xsens for the purchase of MVN. To facilitate your research, you can filter through all the emails received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2 License server cannot be reached
To activate a license, an internet connection is required. Below are some troubleshooting options:
Option 1: For a Dongle license, you can try activating it on a different PC with internet access if possible.
Option 2: Try connecting to another network, for example, a local access point network hosted by a mobile device.
In some cases, the connection might be blocked by a firewall. Below are some troubleshooting options:
Option 1: Turn off the PC's firewall completely during license activation. Make sure to turn on the firewall again after activation.
Option 2: Put in an exception on the URL: xsens-ldk.emea.sentinelcloud.com Port 443
Option 3: Go through a proxy server if available. Xsens License Activation Wizard > Show Advanced Options > Configure Proxy
3.3 Other issues
If the issue persists or for other issues regarding license activation, you can create a ticket on https://www.xsens.com/request-support and make sure you include the following information in the ticket to facilitate the support procedure.
1. Where the license activation stops
2. Error messages generated (see instructions below)
3. License key
Click Show details for more information on the error
To optimize support, make a screenshot of this error details window.