Using the Firmware Updater with a beta firmware
Xsens maintains a beta firmware server. This beta firmware server allows distributing beta firmware for e.g. specific applications and novel features. The Firmware Updater by default uses the server with the latest released firmware. These steps explain how to update Motion Trackers with the Firmware Updater.
Please visit https://www.xsens.com/mt-firmware/ for the latest Firmware updater.
- Download the latest Firmware Updater (see link above)
- To use the Firmware Updater with the beta server, open a command line window with Administrator privileges. In Windows, the command line program is found at: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
- Go to the Firmware updater folder by using the following command:
cd "Program Files\Xsens\Firmware Updater 4.x.x"
The above screenshot holds true for the Firmware Updater version 4.0.8. Replace the '4.x.x' with the Firmware Updater version that you are using.
- Start the Firmware updater with the following command:
firmwareupdater_gui64.exe -u beta-updates.xsens.com
Be sure to have the correct hyphen: the hyphens need to be short and not as long as dashes. MS Office and other programs tend to 'autocorrect' a hyphen into a dash. Typing directly into the command window instead of pasting will prevent this from happening.
The above screenshot holds true for the Firmware Updater version 4.0.8.
- Or to automate Steps 1 through 5, use the following command in '.bat' file:
"c:\Program Files\Xsens\Firmware Updater 4.x.x\firmwareupdater_gui64.exe" -u beta-updates.xsens.com
Replace the '4.x.x' with the Firmware Updater version that you are using. An example '.bat' file is available here.
- Connect the device for which a beta firmware is available. This information is shared in the Release Notes of the respective BETA software packages: MT Software Suite (for MTi and MTw Awinda) or MVN Studio (Bodypack).
a. More information: connecting the MTw Awinda trackers for a firmware update
b. More information: connecting the Bodypack for a firmware update
- Follow the default instructions provided by the Firmware Updater software (see http://documentation.xsens.com/firmware_updater_user_manual).
When No Beta Firmware Available
When a beta firmware is not available for the attached MTi, the Firmware Updater will report that a new firmware is not available.